The Cicada Zero-Waste Coat is our first ever truly artisanal collector’s piece, with each coat completely hand crafted in our studio from start to finish. Featuring our zero-waste patchwork wool fabric which has been painstakingly made in house, each piece is completely different and one of a kind. We love that this creation elevates fashion to art, to be worn and loved by the wearer for a lifetime. Please note that the actual coat patchwork for size 5 is pictured in the coat photographed on the hanger. The models wear the coats in other sizes and the patchwork design differs from size to size. This is just to show how the coat is worn on the body.
- A unique silhouette inspired by a cicada about to take flight, it featured side extensions which can be worn outwards for a statement, or button closed to the front for a more tailored look.
- Front patch hip pockets are built into a curved seamline which extends from the waist.
- Raglan style sleeves create a kimono shaped which adds to the cocooning effect of the shape.
- Back linear seam lines tailor and flatter the figure, while centre back seam featured our signature outward facing Hong Kong seam opening into a hem split.
- Asymmetric high collar curved around the neck and frames the face in an elegant way.
- Sleeve seams feature bias cut raw edge panel detailing in Italian wool, with organically shaped quilt stitching.
- Detachable sleeve cuffs button onto the sleeve, featuring Hong Kong sleeve detailing.
- Detachable hood feature is crafted with bias cut quilting detail, intricate tucks and fully lined.
- Seam detailing featured raw outward seam binding in bias cut Italian wool.
- Fully lined with a fine bamboo washer fabric/ linen stretch twill fabric.
- Raw edged cuffs and hemline are reinforced with inner fusing and topstitched for a unique finish.
STYLING NOTES //
We created the Cicada Coat as a statement piece which you can come home to each winter season, offering timeless high-styling with the comforting feel of being wrapped in your own cocoon.
The hood is made to be buttoned onto the front placket in different ways, or can be buttoned onto itself as a separate piece to be worn over various outfits.
MAIN: ARTISAN PATCHWORK ITALIAN WOOL VISCOSE
CONTRAST: 80% WOOL 20% NYLON JAPANESE FABRIC
SIZE 1: FITS AUS 8-10
SIZE 2: FITS AUS 12
SIZE 3: FITS AUS 14
SIZE 4: FITS AUS 16
SIZE 5: FITS AUS 18
DRY CLEAN ONLY. SPOT CLEAN WITH DAMP CLOTH
& DILUTED, MILD WOOL DETERGENT WHEN NEEDED.
SIZE CHARTS //
|8||82 CM||63 CM||90 CM|
|10||87 CM||68 CM||95 CM|
|12||92 CM||73 CM||
|14||97 CM||78 CM||105 CM|
|16||102 CM||83 CM||110 CM|
|18||107 CM||88 CM||115 CM|
|20||112 CM||93 CM||120 CM|
|SHIRT SIZE||CHEST||PANTS SIZE||WAIST|
|SMALL||90-95 CM||1||30-32 INCH|
|MEDIUM||95-100 CM||2||32-34 INCH|
|LARGE||100-105 CM||3||34-36 INCH|
|X LARGE||105-110 CM||4||36-38 INCH|
|XX LARGE||110-115 CM||5||38-40 INCH|